Apparel is an ever-evolving promotional product with constantly changing new styles to keep up with. As apparel promo products change each year, how are you standing out from the competition? Check out our top apparel trends for 2022 below so you can stay on top of it all!
For an inside look at the ever-changing color trends for apparel, promo, design and beyond, look no further than Pantone’s top colors for 2022! Stay on-trend and top-of-mind this spring with these calming yet bright shades that are sure to keep your customers’ attention.
While discussing a subscription renewal appeal for the Arkansas Repertory Theatre, the Rep’s Director of Marketing, our good friend Angel Galloway (@angelmg) asked, “How do I get folks to open the envelope?”
After getting over the excitement that Angel still considers direct mail a viable marketing channel. (Trust me, it is!), here are some of the tips we offered, as well as a few others:
- Make the piece relevant to the recipients. It the message is designed specifically for the recipients, it is more likely to be read.
- Variable data helps make the message more relevant. Using the information (database) you already know about your recipients, your message can be individually tailored to them.
- The offer inside is king! In creating a highly effective direct mail campaign, your offer is 40% of the battle, the database is 40%, and the creative is 20%.
- Focus on the offer, not necessarily the brand. Respect the brand, but don’t make it the overriding element of a direct mail campaign.
- Remember, the campaign is not about you, it’s about your recipient. Talk to them, keeping in mind the things they want to hear.
- Instead of “spray & pray”, target your audience and your message. Don’t try to be too many things to too many people. Main Street, USA is still where most of us live.
- Try “lumpy” mail. Include something in the envelope that creates an “I wonder what’s inside” feeling. (a pen, a keychain, etc.)
- Make the offer obvious . Make it evident what your recipient is supposed to do.
- Color graphics capture attention and improve response rates. With improved digital printing technology, you can affordably add color and variable data printing to envelopes as well.
- Where practical, include free samples – let your target audience give it a shot. Let sampling campaigns prove the power of your product. (In a recent USPS survey, 82% said they would try a product after receiving a sample)
- Regardless of the channels used, be sure to incorporate ways to track response rates – Business Reply, offer codes, QR codes, PURLS, specific 800 numbers, etc.
As consumers continued to be bombarded by email and more and more online advertising, now, more than ever, may create a situation where direct mail is more likely to be noticed. Mail volume has decreased, this in turn may create more opportunity for your message to get noticed by this marketing channel.
Want to try full color, targeted envelopes to see how it improves your open rates? Enter our Bucket O’ Swag Facebook giveaway to get 50 free prints along with other items. Or if you are ready take advantage of our 2 for 1 special going on right now.
What direct mail success techniques would you like to share? We’d love to hear from you.